Thursday, June 20, 2013

6/1/13 - First Baby Birds of the Year

Carolyn and I went out to the Happy Place on June 1st and saw baby birds for the first time this year.  Very cool!!  I think Carolyn was the photographer for most (all?) of these pictures, but I can't remember for sure.

Female Red-winged Blackbird

Female Red-winged Blackbird

Female Red-winged Blackbird

Female Red-winged Blackbird


Female Red-winged Blackbird
For the second week in a row I found this Green Heron on her nest.  This time we were able to get a little closer.
Green Heron on her nest

Green Heron - pretty funny angle I think...

Green Heron - I actually took this picture with the flash on.

Green Heron - after the flash she decided to head out.

Green Heron

After we left the Green Heron nest we worked our way into the thickest part and found this Little Blue nest.
Baby Little Blue Herons - these guys may be just hours old...

Baby Little Blue Heron - peek-a-boo!!


Baby Little Blue Herons

Baby Little Blue Heron up close and personal

As we were leaving this beautiful Cottonmouth (Water Moccasin) swam by right where we just got out.  Very cool!!

Cottonmouth (Water Moccasin)

Cottonmouth (Water Moccasin) - I love the tongue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment