Saturday, June 29, 2013

6/10/13-6/11/13 Artesian Lakes Retreat

For work we had a two-day offsite meeting at "The Retreat at Artesian Lakes" (www.artesianlakes.com).  I got to spend about an hour each morning walking and talking pictures.  There were several woodpeckers and other birds high in the canopy that I couldn't get pictures of, but I did get a few good pictures.

The first morning, about 10 of us went for a "nature walk" with the owner.  There was a small rookery on one of the ponds with several Cattle Egrets and a few Little Blue Herons and Snowy Egrets.

Juvenile Little Blue Heron (or perhaps Snowy Egret, I'm not 100% sure)
As we came around one corner, we scared up this Great Blue Heron.  I was able to get a couple of decent shots before he flew off into the fog.
Great Blue Heron

Great Blue Heron

Yellow-crowned Night Heron


The second day I went out by myself and got a few shots of small birds.  These were the only ones worth keeping:
I'm pretty sure this is a female Scarlet Tanager, but it might be a female Summer Tanager.
Blue Jay - included especially for my daughter Samantha who swears she's never seen a Blue Jay
except for some babies one time...


This Carolina Wren stood on this rail and struck several different poses.
These were the two best pictures.

Carolina Wren - very earnest looking isn't he?





No comments:

Post a Comment